Monday, October 24, 2011

Bitchiness and Honesty


                               Photo Courtesy of somebody else (honestly people, I just copied it in FB)


Now, I don't know how many times my love for sarcasm and all out bitchiness got me in trouble. I can tell you, I've lost count.

The most recent incident that I've been too candid, it got me into serious trouble. By serious, I meant it turned my life upside down.

Some people just couldn't accept the fact that you can say anything straight upfront. Once bitched slapped, they are going to take it out on you. Declare an all out war without thinking of the consequence it's going to cost you, or your kid for that matter (for me, the stakes were high against my kid), and what's painful about that? She's family to my kid and partner.

For all that bitchiness in me, it had gone out and took a turn when it happened. I don't know how or what I did that I decided to make my mouth shut. No smartass retort, no witty comebacks, not a grunt. But I cried, tears were wasted I tell you.

What came to mind was this:












It seemed a smart move, but the thing that suffered the worst blow? My ego. It wasn't just bruised. It was shattered. I don't know if this kind of thing is just temporary, I can't say I'm just temporarily pissed. For now, I can't forgive her.

For the kind of person that I am, it is hard or should I say ridiculous to hold back my tongue and not lash out my anger for the kind of attack I was given. But I held up my end. It wasn't for me, it was for my son, partner and his family. You know the saying, "If you can't say something nice..."..Yeah, if I allowed my anger to get the best of me, the family that I am talking about will no longer be living in peace.

Seriously, some people should learn that it is better for someone to be honest and be a bitch about it rather than all sweet and hypocrite upfront but stabs you in the back.

Me? I don't mind if you don't like me and show it. I appreciate honesty. And if you can stand up to me? That's great! I will respect you more that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...