Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Shower

With my baby growing fast in my tummy, my partner and I have been thinking about things to buy for the baby. All kinds of complications arise and my budget was cut tight, leaving us with a small margin to breath. How expensive it is indeed to have a baby! And I don't live in America.  My mom suggested to make it fun and somehow let us save some money, have a baby shower. Great idea! Only that I live in a geographical area where I don't have friends, and the people I encounter and my boyfriends family, who, in return doesn't indulge those kind of activity because as they say "it's for the rich". How come? Down South from where I'm from, my friends and acquaintances do it all the time, rich or poor. It's not for the rich, it's for everyone who is there to celebrate the coming of a new life.


I began to regret the reason that I'm here in the first place. Not because of the failed baby shower plan, but because I began to miss a lot of people and a lot of things with those people. Those who are willing to be with us through thick and thin, care with us and prepare with us. Here, I am just another visitor due for labor in a few months time.

The only good thing about being here? I have a baby to welcome to this world alone. I guess we can do the baby shower together huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...