Saturday, November 19, 2011

tickle your taste buds - lechon de leche

Photo credits here





I have been craving for lechon (roasted pig, in this case I am craving for lechon de leche or roasted suckling pig)  ever since I came here in Angeles City, Pampanga. They have their own variety of roasted pigs but what I miss is how we Kagay-anons (native of Cagayan de Oro) cook our roasted pigs.

The dressed pig is stuffed with lemon grass (tanglad!) and other spices, which makes it smell yummy. The aroma of the lemon grass is heavenly, sadly that is one ingredient not commonly used where I'm at.

I miss the festive mood it sets when we have a roasted pig on our dining table. It is the highlight of the dining ambiance. You can see the anticipation of the people waiting in line to get their hands on the crispy skin of the roasted pig. The crack of the ribs and the taste of the lechon's tummy. If the occasion permit it, we eat with our hands, dip the meat in a spiced vinegar. Yum!

I'm hungry already. I want one for my son's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...