Saturday, November 12, 2011

loss

How do you grieve? Today, the help left, she has become a close friend of mine. I thought I have shielded myself from her tales of the day annoyances. Ranging from her never-ending rants and complaints of how tired she was or her children's troubles.

But when she left today, she waited for me before going away. Then she said her goodbyes. When I was inside my room, I cried and cried. I don't understand why. I felt like my heart would explode. I will miss her. I will miss her daily noise at the dorm. Her rants. Her complaints. Her.

She is one friend who listens. Even if some of her tales annoy me, they amuse me as well. I tell you, she isn't rich. She lives for the day. I help whenever I can.

When she left, I asked myself; what did I learn from her? What have she learned from me? I don't know the answer to the latter, but I know what I learned from her:

There is goodness in each and every person, no matter what their social standing is.
To never ever ever rant about your boss to the neighborhood because you don't know which ones are your friends and which ones will tell on you (hence, get you fired),
Value your friends.
Respect for everything.
Never step on people because you never know when your time is up and when you are going down.
Love your family. Unconditionally.

I'm sure, there's a lot more I have learned once I can think rationally. Right now I am nursing my heartache. I know I will get over this, but for the time being, just let me savor the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...